What: 2023 Fierce Preseason Fall Training and Sunday League at Akins HS
When: Training Begins Mondays August, 28 thru 10/19 6-7 PM. Akins League Fall Games begin Sundays starting 9/17 and end October 15th.
Where: Training is at Fitzhugh Baptist Church. Sunday Fall League Games are at Akins High School.
- This Team opportunity is for the 9th grade level but is open to 8th grade and 9th grade.
- Coach will be Harvey Vaughn and Trainer will be Chris Corbett.
Why: Here are some of the top reasons why players should play in Fall League and do preseason training:
- Get the rust off. Summer vacations, the heat, and back to school often create moments that take us off track. It’s part of life. Many times there are restorative and renergizing benefits from layoffs and alternative focuses. But as the season approaches, you can get the rust off in Fall League and under Fierce guidance.
- Skill sharpening, development and shooting.
- Build muscles and prehab the body to reduce the possibility of the injuries like ankle and knee sprains etc. We will spend some time each week working on prehab.
- Conditioning – we will take a pulse to determine what current states are, what you are doing in school during the week, and what you need. It may be a bit different for each player. As an example, private school girls without double block basketball class during the week could probably use basketball conditioning work. Some of the LTHS and Dripping Springs and Bowie girls may need less. We will figure it out to help maximize your conditioning without pushing you past scientific based returns.
- Technical proficiency- time spent away from Fierce often can allow some bad habits to reform or be picked up. We help you dial in the technical side of the game and skills to help you peak for your High School Season.
- Social Momentum- Let’s face it, the Fierce Family is fun. And we do our best collectively… families, teammates, coaches, and trainers to help you access the joy of the game while managing the competitive anxiety it presents. We help you get your mind in the right place.
- Mental Fortitude and Nutrition – we help you develop frameworks, rituals, and internal conversations to fuel your mind and have it work for you, not against you. Fiercely strong, and fiercely kind (even to yourself).
- Continued Basketball IQ Development – sure we wish we could turn on the faucet of brilliance and let the learning flow like a river. But the reality is basketball iq is formed with a steady drip and each game adds up to more knowledge.
- Continued progress with professional feedback.
- WE GET THE FIERCE FAMILY BACK Together!
Bonus: Signup in next 48 hours and get two free Second Sunday Eve Clinics (Will be scheduled around game times) $100 value.
Add ons: High School Age Girls can add on the Monday night Real Run Scrimmage program.
Here were the details from Akins Fall League Founder Billy James who has been a reliable partner thru the years.
Team training will be built on 5 main priorities:
- Physical and Mental Conditioning for Preseason
- Shooting and Scoring: we work on form and accountbility and fun.
- Defense: on the ball and off the ball defense
- Rebounding mindset, techniques, and execution.
Team Training will be led by professional basketball trainer Chris Corbett and Coach Harvey Vaughn on occasion for team concepts.
Have Questions? Want a tryout?
Text Chris Corbett to setup a phone call 512-921-4444.