You Are Invited To Be Fierce
We will have one team for the HS divisions. They will begin playing at 16U level and if winning progressively we will enter some 17U.
Fierce will have players 10th grade and under. We have very big expectations for the growth, joy, and future of this team. They will start by playing 10th grade levels but they will move up dependent upon their progress as they win and come together. Fierce will scrimmage internally each other and older Fierce alumni, boys, and men as well. Fierce is on a very accelerated growth path. We can’t wait.
Season: March 1 thru June 12
Team Skills Practice: 6:00 – 7:30 PM Tuesdays
Team Practice: 6:00 – 8:00 PM Thursdays
Weekends March 1 thru June 12.
Any Questions: Text me at 512-921-4444 to set up phone call so we can answer any and all questions or concerns. Please speak your mind freely, no questions are too dumb or selfish.
Girls Basketball Tournaments Overview
75% of these tournaments are what I would call highly competitive to win. The basketball tournament logistics are often disappointing. The complete opposite of an Austin swim meet.
We often don’t get game times until Thursday or Friday for a weekend tournament. There are indeed more real obstacles (like being at the mercy of school district facilities, Covid and logistics dropouts and scheduling etc) and there is the laissez-faire attitude of some people running the tournaments.
We have aimed to take on the more reliable tournament providers, but there are no guarantees. Having two children of my own, owning a business, etc., my time is valuable too and we will do everything within our power to respect your time at a level not seen in Austin select basketball.
Austin Select Basketball Tournament Schedule
Fierce has a goal of 25-30 game schedule. We will be playing those tournaments between March 1 and June 15.
We will be playing in Greater Austin, and San Antonio tournaments. We can discuss other options if the interest is there… but we did not hear that interest at tryouts.
We will also be trying to schedule well organized scrimmages. Locations will likely be at Fitzhugh.
Our goal is to develop, become competitive, and have fun. We will also be having a college basketball seminar and teach our players how to open direct lines of communication with college programs rather than hoping to be noticed at exposure tournaments which have been highly overrated in actual results for kids.
Example Tournament Schedule for Fierce Last Year
- 3/26-3/27 Gametime 1 Day Tourney in Austin
- 4/2 -4/3 Magic Invitational in Round Rock
- 4/22 – 24 Excel Tournament Austin
- 4/30 – 5/1 Spurs Tournament in Austin
- 5/22 -24 Lady Magic Tournament Austin
- 5/28- 5/29* All Eyez on She in Austin
- 6/4-6/5 Spurs Tournament in San Antonio
- 6/11 – 6/12 TJ Showcase in Austin / Round Rock
*We will vote on whether we want to do All Eyez or replace it on other date due to Memorial Day.
Summer Extended Play
In May we will have a discussion if anyone wants to extend the season and play another NCAA certified event we can. I personally think you should hear about other summer exposure offers. Prospect camps, individual showcases and more. There is zero pressure to extend the season. We have a lot of experience helping girls reach high academic basketball programs directly and also positioning them in a way to learn how to sell their value to get the most available merit and need based money as student leaders and athletes.
Fierce Girls Select Basketball Practices
Practices are not optional. If you miss practice, you don’t start and playing time is likely reduced that weekend. And yes that includes “excused absences.” Absences happen. Illness, injury, family matters, etc. And yes, sometimes the mental health day. Or a parent day (imagine that for a minute.) We do not want you at practice sick, so please also keep that in mind. If you are sick, and then well by tourney, you may not start, but minutes will not likely be hurt once you see what we are doing.
Your player not starting is not a punishment. It is simply about choices and consequences that they will be experiencing in life. This is likely the standard at their high school and beyond programs and we want to prepare them for that commitment.
All practices are at Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
Basketball Mental Health Support
We are not psychologists, but we are acutely aware of many of the problems our young women face playing basketball today. We cover some of these topics on a regular basis to help support them on their journey and also to make sure they don’t feel isolated.
Need professional help?
For girls who need a professional we highly recommend Shayna Barksdale at https://austintherapyforgirls.com/
Follow me on Instagram @austinyouthbasketball for some of these types of resources.
Girls Select Basketball Tryouts and Invites
If I have personally sent you this link via email or text, you have been seen, trained by me or scouted by me. If you have found us online or were referred to us, we will set up an individual workout for you after a phone consultation and hearing your goals.
If you have received an invite from us… congratulations. We are an exclusive boutique program. We cut players every year and don’t have teams for everyone.
We like who you are, have watched you, and also done background research on you.
We want you as part of our FAMILY.
You have 24 hours to accept the commitment to the schedule and pay the invoice via registration button below (if you have a cash flow issue, call me.) Once we determine who wishes to join, we will then move to the players next on the list. And the prospective players trying out will be made aware of that in the interest of transparency.
Fierce has a waiting list of interested players now, and many are talented. We will have a team this year, unlike some other clubs who will have tryouts and may not be able to form a team. Your coaching staff is set. Your gym is set. Your practice schedule is set, and your tournament schedule is almost set. Curriculum and philosophy are set. We have a highly talented group of coaches and trainers and parents to support your most valuable asset… YOU or your
basketball player child.
If cash flow is a problem (this year has been tough!) Please call me to discuss. 512-921-4444
Austin Select Basketball Fees With Fierce $1799 (with full uniform package).
There will be some bonus adds of significance value added once we confirm who is on the team and collate their goals. Personalized bonuses to help you develop. These were last year’s bonuses:
Free Bonuses for Fierce Family in 2022 (last year)
- Playing College Basketball Overview Seminar $49
- This program will teach you how to evaluate the possibility of playing and what your next steps are.
- There will be a 5 week “Done With You” Workshop where we will help you actually do the marketing steps to be able to directly sell your skills to college coaches. This will be a A La Carte paid program but Fierce players will get 25% off. Parents must attend the first workshop.
- President’s Day Ballhandling and Buckets Clinic $59
- Work on finishing moves and shooting off the dribble
- Reduce anxiety with our proven techniques
- Learn to actually use these moves in games, not just drills
- Semi Private Personalized Shooting Instruction Session $60
- In the last two weeks of February we will have two days available for you to sign up for shooting makeovers or tuneups on Dr. Dish Shooting Machine. 3 players per session.
- This will also include slow motion filming and breakdown to aid you.
- We are professional shooting coaches. We can help you.
- Player Evaluation Summary Sheet $100
- These are just like the self evaluation sheets you filled out at tryouts
- This is the same format may college scouts use to evaluate you. i have used this sheet to evaluate players for college coaches.
- One of our professional staff will fill this out. Most likely me.
- We will wait up to one month from start to fill these out so we can accurately share feedback with you
- Customized Player Development Plan $150
- Two pages of details on what your focus should be with us this season to improve your skills. And how we can support that focus
- Vertical & Explosiveness Evaluation and Training Workshop $59
- Have your vertical jump measured, your basketball specific explosiveness timed, and get our Video Course for Vertical Training
- Sand Training Clinic & Videos $49
- this supplements your vertical training and introduces the lessons I learned working to develop this with Olympian Eric Fonoimoana, Beach Volleyball Gold Medalist.
- We will meet at a beach volleyball court here in Austin.
- Basketball Body-weight Strength Course & Clinic $49
- An official Coachtube course and 30 day challenge you can preview here: https://coachtube.com/course/basketball/basketball-strength-with-body-weight-exercises/1780175
- This course is a prerequisite for any resistance training program used to improve strength on the basketball court. Although athletes of all ages will benefit from the following exercises, the focus of this 30-day challenge is on the development of the middle school and high school basketball player in a safe and functional manner.
- 3 Pop Up Open Basketball Gyms $40
- No coaching
- Invite a friend too
Even More Summer Basketball?
If our players progress as we suspect, we can consider playing in July. We do wish to provide them with a richer and more competitive experience this year, so please let me know via phone if your player has July commitments. We do have several college prospects and they may also want to be doing ID camps etc. We can discuss best options for your player and family. There is zero pressure to continue on.
Training & Camp Opportunities
Austin Youth Basketball holds personalized training groups and also many camps and clinics to help your child to progress. Your child will receive a VIP Code for 20% off during the season for any camps or clinics (at Fitzhugh location only) we hold to encourage their participation. Personalized training is a set fee but we will try to move your child past any waiting list we have depending on the time of year.