Meet Your Coaching and Training Team
Head Coach Chris Corbett
- Grew up in the playgrounds of NYC playing with and learning from (and getting his butt kicked) by players like Mark Jackson, Kenny Smith, Chris Mullin and more.
- UMaine at Fort Kent – Point Guard
- Has trained and played with hundreds of NBA players in summer leagues and gyms.
- Still trying to play and makes many of the same mistakes your kids do!
- Multiple Youth Basketball Leagues and Community Services
- Basketball Camps Director from Maine to California to Texas
- Founder & Director of Player Development for Austin Youth Basketball focused on skill development of thousands of kids.
- Principal BasketballHQ.com
- Principal Coachtube.com
- Provider of Basketball Clinics for Dripping Springs Youth Sports Association
- His work in basketball has been endorsed by NBA and WNBA players, by NBA scouts, by college coaches, and by thousands of families like yours.
- Trains college teams like the University of Maine at Fort Kent
- Certified USA Basketball Coach
Assistant Coach Doug Kley
- High school player
- Duke University -1990 BS Electrical Engineering
- Football – 2 year starter at defensive tackle, including on the 1989 ACC Championship team
- 1st team Academic All-American 1989
- Harvard Business School – 1994 MBA
- Have worked for 25 years in management and executive positions, including the last 16 as owner of companies in Austin and San Antonio with approximately 75 employees
- Wife Rachel, daughter Natalie, son Charlie
This from Coach Chris on Coach Doug:
First off Doug is a Fierce competitor. He is one of the best rebounders I have ever played with or against. He is also intelligent, strong, kind, humble and happy. Doug did a great job as our assistant coach in the Fall season. Despite his basketball proficiency, Doug was a collegiate football player at Duke University.
Doug is extremely capable as a head or assistant coach, but loves working with the players as a teacher on the bench as they learn during the game. He is also a never ending positive force and a calm balance to my fiery style. Coach Doug and I recently sat down to discuss what we can offer the girls. He really stressed that despite some big wins, it was the camaraderie and mutual respect that he experienced during his collegiate athletic career that he wishes our players to experience.
Team Administrator & CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Heather Corbett
She is Fierce. Say no more.