Here are some ideas we are looking at to try. Not every single time, but mixing it up. We will get some polling on this.
- Leadership will bring a table, napkins, and cooler. We will also bring the game bin and a Bluetooth speaker.
- Food sign up via mysignup.com will be created and sent out by Heather prior to the tournament. Included in sign up- 1 lb. sliced turkey, peanut/almond butter (barring any team allergies), 2 loaves wheat bread, sliced cheese, 2 12 packs greek yogurt, 2 packages protein bars, fruit, apple sauce, pirate booty. PLEASE ADD FOODS YOU APPROVE OF AS FUEL.
- GAME BIN- card games, Jenga, board games, Pictionary, coloring books, colored pencils, Bananagrams.
- TOURNAMENT FOR HOPE- PINK PINK PINK! The team will wear a pink sock, headbands, and we will have pink hairspray ribbons at the game for the girls to use.
- GOODIE BAGS- for each tournament, will include a snack (sports drink, a small treat, inspirational quote) for each tournament.
- TEAM AWARDS- MVP, Team Player/Inspirational Player, So, You Did That (incredible move, a noted improvement, anything else you would like to point out). Awards will be a giant candy bar.
- TEAM LUNCHES- Heather will scout the location ahead of time, make any possible arrangements, communicate with the team.
- All parents will be reminded that email is the Coach’s primary source of communication.
- Heather will copy and post relevant emails on the private Fierce FB page, parents will be encouraged to join.
- A Remind class has been created by Heather. This is an opt-in text service (free) that can be used for last-minute communication and reminders. The link will be provided to parents and players. This is the same service that the schools and many teams use, so everyone should be familiar.
- Movie & Yankee Swap Gift Exchange ($10 limit)- 12/22 at the Corbetts 6:30pm-10:00pm.
- January- Kick off party after a practice. Pizza, music, cupcakes
- February, March- possible ideas include, sing-a-long at Alamo, bowling, High5
- April- family get together at Moontower on a Sunday (family friendly day) 1:00pm-5:00pm
- May- pool party at Watkins or Fields
- June- end of season party boat
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes, Community First Village, reach out to Girl Scouts to maybe host a parent night out and teach basketball to littles.